Saturday 21 June 2014

2nd Assignment! - Cut-Outs




So, back when I was in primary school, I remembered being told to cut out props for a play. It was quite a challenge for me since my cutting skills isn't that good. But eventually I did pull it off and it looked "okay". So, after I knew that I had to make another cut outs for my 2nd assignment, I practiced cutting just to not let anyone know how bad i am at it.

The point of the assignment is for us to think outside the box, and to make use of everything we have. Ouh! and to improve our cutting skills. Dhaa. Well that's what I learned.

We then were told to brainstorm of themes for the cut-out assignments. - "What is my square?"
So, we ended up choosing Death as my theme. Ms. Lisa said there's no harm in doing something gloomy once in a while. :)
                                                     Let The Cutting Practice Begin! 

I had so many troubles along the way. It's either my asymmetrical is not asymmetrical enough or my cut-outs is out of composition or best of all.. the things i cut flew away when my mother turned on the fan. T.T I lost half of the things I cut. Patience is the most important key to execute this assignment. 


This picture is one of the failed experiment. Even you can see how bad it is right? Yea.  

You've heard of the saying "3rd time's a charm". Well. I have to admit it's true. After a lot of patience, and determination. I finally got it. But this is not my final cut-out.

These are.. :)


For the portrait pic, I was inspired by a movie I watched about aliens or something. The vehicle they used was pretty awesome and the tire had these spiky thing that when it moves fast enough, it could kill almost everything. So, instead of making the tire round, I made it square and improvised a little. 

And as of the landscape picture, I was sort of trying to convey a message. A few days ago, I watched the news about a bomb blast in Pakistan killing a number of people. So, the bomb represent the news, but why did I made the words look less shocking and tragic? It's because people nowadays kill as if it's a norm. And as for the shadows under the bomb, it represents how the news is just another passing thing. We hear the news, we know people are suffering. But, we're doing nothing to stop it and it shall be left as shadows. 

Well, that wraps up this assignment. I have to say that this assignment taught me a lot about everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment