Sunday 22 June 2014

5th Assignment - Paint to Music!

Most people might find it hard to understand abstract painting. Some might even think it's crap (or so I've heard). Back to my first post of my self-portrait, I mentioned Jackson Pollock and Robert Rauschenberg. Both of them I look up as idols and the ones whom inspired me to discover and create my own paintings.

Though people say abstract painting is so simple, even a 3 year could do it with their eyes closed. Yes, they can but whether they understand the painting or not. The brush strokes, the choice of colours. It all takes into consideration. Which in this case, my very last assignment of this semester - to paint to music. Understanding how our strokes work with the influence of music.

I prepared myself 3 plane canvas, a couple of brush, a cake knife, sticks, a big sponge, acrylics and a bowl of water. So, Danny is incharge of the music. He gathered musics which (i think) is in different genres, and Ms Lisa is incharge of playing the clasical songs. We were told to close our eyes for atleast a minute and just let go of everything and try not to think. After that we begun with the first painting.

The song was up to beat, which made me feel like dancing and making me move. So, I ended up with this painting. It was made using 2 A3 Plane Canvas, a cake knife, brushes, sponges and sticks.

After that, it was a classical song. It gave me that calm yet joyfull feeling. In result to that, my brush strokes were different and my choice of colours were less dull than the previous painting I made. For this painting, I used a A2 Plane Canvas, sponges, brush, and my fingers. 

After everything is done, I went to look at my other friends paintings. They had done a really awesome job with it. I think we all actually enjoyed this assignment. We were all talking about it after the class ends. I have to say the fun part of all is that we could get to play with the paintings using our own hands, and no one is there to stop us. Above all that, we had lots of fun. Knowing that this semester is about to come to an end saddens me the most. I'm sure to cherish every single memory and knowledge gained throughout my foundation years. 





No comments:

Post a Comment